Read our 2017 Report Card for Bergman.
Bergman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bergman has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jack Bergman sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Bergman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bergman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6581: Increasing Veteran Access to Colorectal Cancer Screening Act of 2018
- H.R. 6302: To enact as law certain regulations relating to the taking of double-crested cormorants.
- H.R. 5418: Veterans Affairs Medical-Surgical Purchasing Stabilization Act
- H.R. 5215: Veterans Affairs Purchase Card Misuse Mitigation Act
- H.R. 4429: Cormorant Control Act
- H.R. 4207: Small and Seasonal Business Relief Act
- H.R. 2806: Soo Locks Modernization Act
|Bergman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.Res. 569: Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017
Oct 12, 2017. Passed 353/69.
This resolution rewrote the text of H.R. 2266 to be the Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017, and sent the new text of H.R. 2266 back to the Senate for approval. The text of the bill can be found in this resolution.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2018, Bergman missed 12 of 1,089 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: