Davis was the representative for Illinois’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1987 to 1988.
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5463 (100th): A bill to repeal the Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act of 1988.
- H.Con.Res. 382 (100th): A concurrent resolution concerning the policy of the United States regarding the ...
- H.R. 4128 (100th): Defense Industrial Base Preservation Act of 1988
- H.R. 3771 (100th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to reduce United States ...
- H.R. 2645 (100th): A bill to require the prior approval of the Secretary of State ...
From Jan 1987 to Oct 1988, Davis missed 42 of 939 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is on par with the median of 5.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills