Our unique analysis of the bills Metcalf sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Metcalf is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Metcalf was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1217 (105th): To extend the deadline under the Federal Power Act for the construction of a hydroelectric project located in the State of Washington, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1184 (105th): To extend the deadline under the Federal Power Act for the construction of the Bear Creek hydroelectric project in the State of Washington, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Metcalf sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Law (18%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Commerce (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Transportation and Public Works (8%)
Some of Metcalf’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5510 (106th): Circulating Currency Simplification and Cost-saving Act
- H.Con.Res. 408 (106th): Expressing appreciation for the United States service members who were aboard the ...
- H.R. 4682 (106th): Title XI Mortgage Access and National Shipbuilding Initiative Extension Act
- H.R. 4385 (106th): To amend title 46, United States Code, with respect to the Federal ...
- H.R. 4139 (106th): Pacific Northwest Feasibility Studies Act of 2000
- H.R. 4067 (106th): Business Checking Modernization Act
- H.R. 4017 (106th): To reimpose the prohibition on the export of Alaskan North Slope crude ...
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2000, Metcalf missed 127 of 3,741 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is on par with the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: