Quinn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Quinn sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Quinn was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Quinn sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Labor and Employment (22%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Commerce (12%) Law (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%) Taxation (8%) Environmental Protection (8%)
Some of Quinn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 865 (108th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that there should be ...
- H.R. 3689 (108th): To amend the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act of 2000 ...
- H.R. 1334 (108th): Brownfield Redevelopment Assistance Act of 2003
- H.R. 906 (108th): Surface Transportation Safety Act of 2003
- H.R. 840 (108th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow for the ...
- H.R. 162 (108th): To amend the Temporary Extended Unemployment Act of 2002 to provide for ...
- H.R. 5152 (107th): To extend the period of availability of unemployment assistance under the Robert ...
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2004, Quinn missed 494 of 7,080 roll call votes, which is 7.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: