2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Speier »
Our unique analysis of the bills Speier has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Speier is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jackie Speier sits on the following committees:
Speier sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (22%) Health (22%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Commerce (8%) Education (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Emergency Management (6%)
Some of Speier’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5088: PIMA of 2016
- H.R. 4971: PIPE Act of 2016
- H.Res. 683: Supporting and protecting the right of women working in developing countries to safe ...
- H.R. 4932: Repeated Objectionable Bothering of Consumers on Phones Act
- H.R. 4886: Closing the Pre-Paid Mobile Device Security Gap Act of 2016
- H.R. 4748: Imported Assault Weapons Ban of 2016
- H.R. 4711: Crab Emergency Disaster Assistance Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 2008 to May 2016, Speier missed 636 of 5,918 roll call votes, which is 10.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: