Our unique analysis of the bills Speier has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Speier is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Speier for more statistics.
Jackie Speier sits on the following committees:
Speier sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (22%) Health (20%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (14%) Commerce (10%) Education (10%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (4%)
Some of Speier’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6161: To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to require institutions of higher ...
- H.R. 6061: No Lead in School Water Act
- H.R. 5972: Campus Sexual Assault Whistleblower Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5896: Intimate Privacy Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5686: Pink Tax Repeal Act
- H.R. 5585: Driver Fatigue Prevention Act
- H.R. 5443: PHMSA Accountability Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 2008 to Sep 2016, Speier missed 656 of 6,243 roll call votes, which is 10.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: