Read our 2019 Report Card for Walorski.
Walorski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walorski has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 22, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jackie Walorski sits on the following committees:
Walorski was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6110 (115th): Dr. Todd Graham Pain Management, Treatment, and Recovery Act of 2018
- H.R. 5722 (115th): Dr. Todd Graham Pain Management Improvement Act of 2018
- H.R. 3471 (114th): Veterans Mobility Safety Act of 2016
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Walorski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (30%) Taxation (20%) Health (18%) Social Welfare (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) International Affairs (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%)
Some of Walorski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7766: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the research tax ...
- H.R. 7664: To permit the Administrator of the Small Business Administration to deem certain nonprofit ...
- H.R. 7665: To direct the United States Trade Representative to extend the exclusions of goods ...
- H.R. 7436: Working Families Childcare Access (WFCA) Act
- H.R. 6554: To increase the exempt amount applicable for the retirement earnings test for months ...
- H.R. 4934: Dignity for Aborted Children Act
- H.R. 4349: Travel Trailer and Camper Tax Parity Act
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2020, Walorski missed 71 of 4,641 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: