Read our 2018 Report Card for Walorski.
Walorski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Walorski has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jackie Walorski sits on the following committees:
Walorski was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6110: Dr. Todd Graham Pain Management, Treatment, and Recovery Act of 2018
- H.R. 5722: Dr. Todd Graham Pain Management Improvement Act of 2018
- H.R. 3471 (114th): Veterans Mobility Safety Act of 2016
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Walorski sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (37%) Health (19%) Taxation (14%) International Affairs (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Social Welfare (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%)
Some of Walorski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4934: Dignity for Aborted Children Act
- H.R. 4349: Travel Trailer and Camper Tax Parity Act
- H.Con.Res. 43: Recognizing the honorable service of military working dogs and soldier handlers in the ...
- H.R. 2883: Chiropractors Equity Act of 2019
- H.R. 2782: Employee Flexibility Act of 2019
- H.R. 2663: Senior Citizens’ Freedom to Work Act of 2019
- H.R. 2218: Stop for School Buses Act of 2019
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2019, Walorski missed 62 of 4,395 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: