Read our 2019 Report Card for Rosen.
Rosen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rosen has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 22, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jacky Rosen sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Rosen was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rosen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Science, Technology, Communications (20%) Health (15%) Taxation (12%) Labor and Employment (10%) International Affairs (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (5%) Energy (5%)
Some of Rosen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4677: A bill to amend the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act to create a ...
- S. 4598: A bill to provide for assistance for small manufacturers in the defense industrial ...
- S. 4545: VA Zero Suicide Demonstration Project Act of 2020
- S. 4227: EIDL for Small Businesses Act
- S. 4195: PROTECT Act of 2020
- S. 4087: Carson City Public Land Correction Act
- S. 3900: PROMOTES Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2020, Rosen missed 4 of 621 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: