Read our 2020 Report Card for Rosen.
Rosen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rosen has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 18, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Jacky Rosen sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Emerging Threats and Spending Oversight subcommittees
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Rosen was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 2993: CISA Cyber Exercise Act
- S. 2473: Middle Mile Broadband Deployment Act
- S. 2015: TOURISM Act
- S. 1193: United States-Israel Cybersecurity Cooperation Enhancement Act of 2021
- S. 4598 (116th): A bill to provide for assistance for small manufacturers in the defense industrial supply chain on matters relating to cybersecurity.
- S. 737 (116th): Building Blocks of STEM Act
- S. 2830 (116th): GI Bill Planning Act of 2019
Does 8 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rosen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Rosen recently introduced the following legislation:
- S. 4234: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to make …
- S. 4086: Increasing Small Business Retirement Choices Act
- S. 3904: Healthcare Cybersecurity Act of 2022
- S. 3863: Strengthening VA Cybersecurity Act of 2022
- S. 3680: Protecting American Solar Jobs and Lowering Costs Act
- S. 3658: REDI Act
- S. 3628: Youth Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to May 2022, Rosen missed 21 of 1,440 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: