Read our 2019 Report Card for Hayes.
Hayes is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hayes has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 18, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jahana Hayes sits on the following committees:
Hayes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5626: Eliminating the HHS Discrimination Division Act of 2020
- H.R. 5475: PROSPECT Act
- H.Con.Res. 80: Recognizing the need to improve physical access to many federally funded facilities for ...
- H.R. 4835: Supporting Trauma-Informed Education Practices Act of 2019
- H.R. 4647: Teacher Debt Relief Act
- H.R. 4298: Pell Grant Restoration Act
- H.R. 4251: To amend the Commodity Exchange Act to provide greater protection of proprietary information ...
From Jan 2019 to Feb 2020, Hayes missed 36 of 771 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: