Hayes is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hayes has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 11, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jahana Hayes sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Human Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
Hayes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4835: Supporting Trauma-Informed Education Practices Act of 2019
- H.R. 4647: Teacher Debt Relief Act
- H.R. 4298: Pell Grant Restoration Act
- H.R. 4251: To amend the Commodity Exchange Act to provide greater protection of proprietary information ...
- H.R. 3973: Clean School Bus Act of 2019
- H.R. 3718: Closing the College Hunger Gap Act of 2019
- H.R. 3221: Dependency and Indemnity Compensation Improvement Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, Hayes missed 33 of 682 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: