Hayes is the representative for Connecticut’s 5th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Hayes is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021 unless re-elected.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Hayes.
Hayes is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hayes has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 2, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jahana Hayes sits on the following committees:
Hayes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6904: Increasing Access to SNAP Delivery During COVID-19 Act of 2020
- H.R. 6638: Reducing COVID-19 Disparities by Investing in Public Health Act
- H.R. 6605: Helping Hospitals in Need Act
- H.R. 6582: Food for Working Families Act of 2020
- H.R. 6445: Food Assistance for Kids and Families During COVID-19 Act of 2020
- H.R. 5626: Eliminating the HHS Discrimination Division Act of 2020
- H.R. 5475: PROSPECT Act
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2020, Hayes missed 37 of 839 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: