Hayes is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hayes has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Jahana Hayes sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Human Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3221: Dependency and Indemnity Compensation Improvement Act of 2019
- H.Res. 231: Keeping guns out of classrooms.
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2019, Hayes missed 33 of 367 roll call votes, which is 9.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: