Our unique analysis of the bills Benítez sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Benítez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Benítez sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (23%) Social Welfare (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Private Legislation (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Water Resources Development (6%) Education (6%) Government Operations and Politics (6%)
Some of Benítez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15008 (94th): A bill for the relief of Pedro Melchor Diaz.
- H.R. 13414 (94th): A bill for the relief of Guillermo Rivera Rivera.
- H.R. 11232 (94th): A bill to authorize the payment of oil import license fees collected ...
- H.R. 11200 (94th): A bill to approve the Compact of Permanent Union Between Puerto Rico ...
- H.R. 11201 (94th): A bill to approve the Compact of Permanent Union Between Puerto Rico ...
- H.R. 10669 (94th): Roberto Clemente Sports City Act
- H.R. 9545 (94th): A bill to make a technical amendment to the Elementary and Secondary ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: