Our unique analysis of the bills Herrera Beutler has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Herrera Beutler is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Herrera Beutler for more statistics.
Jaime Herrera Beutler sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chairman, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
Herrera Beutler sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Herrera Beutler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5219: Safe Medications for Moms and Babies Act of 2016
- H.R. 5065: To direct the Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration to notify air carriers ...
- H.R. 4765: Fire Department Proper Response and Equipment Prioritization Act
- H.R. 3806: Alaskan Pollock and Golden King Crab Labeling Act
- H.R. 3441: Accurate Education for Prenatal Screenings Act
- H.Res. 397: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding preserving the rights of ...
- H.R. 3349: Timely Permitting Accessibility Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Herrera Beutler’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2130: Red River Private Property Protection Act
Dec 9, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 805: Domain Openness Through Continued Oversight Matters Act of 2015
Jun 23, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1324: Arapaho National Forest Boundary Adjustment Act of 2015
Apr 28, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Herrera Beutler missed 630 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 15.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: