Bowman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bowman has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 11, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Jamaal Bowman sits on the following committees:
Some of Bowman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3809: To direct the Director of the National Science Foundation to establish a Chief ...
- H.Res. 429: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the value of Palestinian ...
- H.R. 1904: Broadband Justice Act of 2021
- H.Res. 180: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that it is the duty ...
- H.R. 276: Congressional Oversight of Unjust Policing Act
From Jan 2021 to May 2021, Bowman missed 4 of 156 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: