Our unique analysis of the bills Abdnor sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Abdnor is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Abdnor sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Water Resources Development (23%) Taxation (17%) Agriculture and Food (16%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Energy (7%) Environmental Protection (6%) Private Legislation (6%)
Some of Abdnor’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2767 (99th): Farm Policy Reform Act of 1986
- S. 2737 (99th): A bill to amend the Commodity Exchange Act to remove the application ...
- S. 2681 (99th): A bill to amend the Small Business Act to increase the authorized ...
- S. 2589 (99th): Farm Mortgage Guarantee Act of 1986
- S.Con.Res. 146 (99th): A concurrent resolution on the Essential Air Service Program.
- S. 2502 (99th): A bill entitled the “Workers Freedom of Choice Act”.
- S. 2350 (99th): A bill to extend the period for filing a claim for credit ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Abdnor missed 43 of 2,368 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 6.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills