Sen. James Abourezk
Former Senator from South Dakota
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||South Dakota's 2nd District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Abourezk sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Abourezk is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Abourezk’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3609 (95th): A Bill to authorize the Blackfeet and Gros Ventre Tribes of Indians ...
- S. 3610 (95th): Lake Traverse Indian Reservation Recognition Act
- S. 3553 (95th): A Bill to provide for a study of the Crow Creek Village ...
- S.Res. 574 (95th): A Resolution waiving section 402 (a) of the Congressional Budget Act of ...
- S.Res. 575 (95th): A Resolution authorizing supplemental expenditures by the Select Committee on Indian Affairs.
- S. 3525 (95th): A bill for the relief of Paul Sakwa.
- S.Res. 544 (95th): A resolution waiving section 402 (a) of the Congressional Budget Act of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1978, Abourezk missed 774 of 3,597 roll call votes, which is 21.5%. This is worse than the median of 10.6% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills