Our unique analysis of the bills Allen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Allen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Allen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (30%) Education (12%) Law (11%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Taxation (10%) Private Legislation (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%)
Some of Allen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3396 (95th): A bill to change the name of the China Bluff Access Area ...
- S. 3380 (95th): A bill to amend section 1445(b) of the Food and Agriculture Act ...
- S. 3322 (95th): A bill to consent to the Historic Chattahoochee Compact between the States ...
- S. 3134 (95th): A bill to provide that certain statutory subsistence allowances received by State ...
- S.J.Res. 136 (95th): A resolution asking the President of the United States to declare the ...
- S. 3080 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to exclude ...
- S. 3045 (95th): An Act to amend the Farm Credit Act of 1971 to extend ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1969 to May 1978, Allen missed 165 of 4,867 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is better than the median of 12.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in May 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills