Baird is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Baird has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
James Baird sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Agriculture
Baird sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Baird’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4817: VA Directly Returning Opioid Prescriptions Act
- H.R. 4770: CFTC Advisory Committee Improvement Act
- H.Res. 508: Honoring the 50th anniversary of the return of the Indiana Rangers.
- H.R. 3774: The Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Improvements Act of ...
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2019, Baird missed 5 of 642 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: