Our unique analysis of the bills Barrett sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barrett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Barrett was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 1335 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 508 East Main Street in Seneca, South Carolina, as the “S/Sgt Lewis G. Watkins Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Barrett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (22%) Economics and Public Finance (18%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Law (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Immigration (9%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Barrett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1380 (111th): Applauding the State of Arizona for asserting its 10th amendment rights, protecting ...
- H.Res. 1123 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to the ...
- H.R. 4441 (111th): Stop Terrorist Entry Program Act of 2010
- H.R. 3236 (111th): Complete the Fence Act
- H.R. 1814 (111th): Taxpayer Empowerment and Advocacy Act of 2009
- H.R. 751 (111th): To eliminate automatic pay adjustments for Members of Congress.
- H.Res. 98 (111th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require a vote ...
|Barrett’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 2317 (110th): Lobbying Transparency Act of 2007
May 24, 2007. Passed 382/37.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2010, Barrett missed 779 of 5,966 roll call votes, which is 13.1%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 620 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: