Our unique analysis of the bills Blanchard sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blanchard is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Blanchard’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 610 (97th): A joint resolution to extend the Defense Production Act of 1950.
- H.R. 6760 (97th): Fair Trade Finance Act of 1982
- H.R. 5540 (97th): Defense Industrial Base Revitalization Act
- H.Con.Res. 136 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the United ...
- H.R. 3600 (97th): Great Lakes Protection Act of 1982
- H.R. 3052 (97th): A bill to amend title XVI of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.Con.Res. 109 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1982, Blanchard missed 427 of 4,901 roll call votes, which is 8.7%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills