Broyhill sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (22%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (22%) Environmental Protection (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Commerce (4%)
Some of Broyhill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2853 (99th): Large Electrical Equipment Trade and Access Act of 1986
- S. 2707 (99th): A bill to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act by designating ...
- S. 2686 (99th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 5090 (99th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 4668 (99th): Nuclear Waste Policy Act Amendments of 1986
- H.R. 4556 (99th): A bill to establish the manner in which an order issued by ...
- H.R. 4517 (99th): A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on textile reeling or winding ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 1986 to Oct 1986, Broyhill missed 15 of 199 roll call votes, which is 7.5%. This is on par with the median of 6.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills