Coyne, a Republican, was the representative for Pennsylvania's 8th congressional district from 1981 to 1982.
Coyne is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Coyne sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Coyne sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Coyne’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6769 (97th): A bill authorizing additional appropriations for job training programs in States suffering ...
- H.R. 6536 (97th): A bill to recognize the organization known as the United Vietnam Veterans ...
- H.R. 6504 (97th): A bill to increase the tariff on injection and compression molds made ...
- H.Res. 260 (97th): A resolution amending Rule XI of the Rules of the House of ...
- H.R. 4842 (97th): Long-Term Savings Restoration Act
- H.R. 4248 (97th): Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad Act of 1981
- H.R. 4247 (97th): Emergency Fire Department and Rescue Squad Volunteer Protection Act of 1981
From Jan 1981 to Dec 1982, Coyne missed 70 of 812 roll call votes, which is 8.6%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills