Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Environmental Protection (13%) Water Resources Development (11%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) International Affairs (11%) Commerce (11%) Education (9%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5104 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4783 (109th): Permanent Protection for Florida Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 275 (109th): Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the education curriculum in the Kingdom ...
- H.R. 2801 (109th): Up-Skilling Tax Credit Act of 2005
- H.R. 2617 (109th): To bar certain additional restrictions on travel and remittances to Cuba.
- H.R. 1359 (109th): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to extend the pilot ...
- H.R. 1071 (109th): Desalination Water Supply Shortage Prevention Act of 2005
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2006, Davis missed 428 of 5,832 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: