Davis was the representative for Florida’s 11th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1997 to 2006.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Davis was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5104 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1750 16th Street South in St. Petersburg, Florida, as the “Morris W. Milton Post Office”.
- H.R. 540 (106th): Nursing Home Resident Protection Amendments of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Environmental Protection (13%) Commerce (11%) Water Resources Development (11%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (11%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) International Affairs (11%) Education (9%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5104 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4783 (109th): Permanent Protection for Florida Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 275 (109th): Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the education curriculum in the Kingdom ...
- H.R. 2801 (109th): Up-Skilling Tax Credit Act of 2005
- H.R. 2617 (109th): To bar certain additional restrictions on travel and remittances to Cuba.
- H.R. 1359 (109th): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to extend the pilot ...
- H.R. 1071 (109th): Desalination Water Supply Shortage Prevention Act of 2005
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2006, Davis missed 428 of 5,832 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: