Our unique analysis of the bills Gibbons sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gibbons is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gibbons was the primary sponsor of 16 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 541 (109th): To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain land to Lander County, Nevada, and the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain land to Eureka County, ...
- H.R. 1236 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 750 4th Street in Sparks, Nevada, as the “Mayor Tony Armstrong Memorial Post Office”.
- H.R. 4593 (108th): Lincoln County Conservation, Recreation, and Development Act of 2004
- H.R. 884 (108th): Western Shoshone Claims Distribution Act
- H.R. 74 (108th): To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain land in the lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit, Nevada, to the Secretary of the Interior, in trust for ...
- H.R. 2937 (107th): To provide for the conveyance of certain public land in Clark County, Nevada, for use as a shooting range.
- H.R. 1870 (107th): Fallon Rail Freight Loading Facility Transfer Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Gibbons sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (21%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Law (14%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Environmental Protection (11%) Commerce (8%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Education (7%)
Some of Gibbons’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4627 (109th): To validate certain conveyances made by the Union Pacific Railroad Company of ...
- H.R. 4461 (109th): To make a technical correction relating to the land conveyance authorized by ...
- H.R. 4401 (109th): Nevada Mining Townsite Conveyance Act
- H.R. 3772 (109th): Protecting Our Children from Sexual Predators Act of 2005
- H.R. 3419 (109th): Northern Nevada Sustainable Development in Mining Act
- H.R. 3299 (109th): Physician Incentives to Serve Rural America Act of 2005
- H.R. 2425 (109th): Southern Nevada Limited Transition Area Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2006, Gibbons missed 242 of 5,832 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: