Greenwood was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 8th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1993 to 2004.
Greenwood is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Greenwood sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Greenwood was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5651 (107th): Medical Device User Fee and Modernization Act of 2002
- H.R. 3452 (107th): Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act
- H.R. 3514 (106th): Chimpanzee Health Improvement, Maintenance, and Protection Act
- H.R. 3096 (105th): To correct a provision relating to termination of benefits for convicted persons.
- H.R. 248 (104th): To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for the conduct of expanded studies and the establishment of innovative programs with respect to traumatic brain injury, ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Greenwood sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (20%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Law (13%) Commerce (11%) Social Welfare (11%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%)
Some of Greenwood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4897 (108th): Deep Sea Coral Protection Act
- H.R. 4900 (108th): Oceans Conservation, Education, and National Strategy for the 21st Century Act
- H.R. 4626 (108th): Screening Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Very Efficiently (SAAAVE) Act
- H.R. 4280 (108th): Help Efficient, Accessible, Low Cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2004
- H.R. 3999 (108th): TRAUMA Act of 2004
- H.R. 3493 (108th): Medical Devices Technical Corrections Act
- H.R. 2857 (108th): Pediatric Research Equity Act of 2003
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2004, Greenwood missed 426 of 7,080 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: