Our unique analysis of the bills Grover sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Grover is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Grover sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grover’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 16931 (93rd): International Air Transportation Fair Competitive Practices Act
- H.R. 16873 (93rd): A bill to amend section 206(e) of the Federal Water Pollution Control ...
- H.Con.Res. 616 (93rd): Concurrent resolution calling for the removal of all foreign forces from Cyprus.
- H.R. 16506 (93rd): A bill to amend the act entitled “An Act to establish the ...
- H.R. 16325 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Joon Pyo Lee.
- H.R. 15075 (93rd): A bill to amend part B of title XI of the Social ...
- H.Res. 845 (93rd): Resolution disapproving the recommendation of the President with respect to the rates ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1963 to Dec 1974, Grover missed 248 of 3,273 roll call votes, which is 7.6%. This is on par with the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills