Our unique analysis of the bills Harvey sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Harvey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Harvey sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Harvey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 11606 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Ida Kunstmann, Waldemar F. Kunstmann, and ...
- H.R. 10672 (93rd): Food Supplement Amendment
- H.R. 10364 (93rd): A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to provide hospital ...
- H.R. 10161 (93rd): A bill to accelerate the effective date of the recently enacted cost-of-living ...
- H.R. 10091 (93rd): Travel Agents Registration Act
- H.R. 9579 (93rd): American Folklife Preservation Act
- H.R. 9383 (93rd): Northeast Railroad Restructuring Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1961 to Dec 1974, Harvey missed 400 of 2,982 roll call votes, which is 13.4%. This is worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills