Our unique analysis of the bills Hayes sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hayes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hayes sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 160 (104th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to provide ...
- H.R. 2940 (104th): Deepwater Port Modernization Act
- H.R. 2915 (104th): Work Opportunity Act of 1995
- H.R. 1824 (104th): Voluntary Protection Authorization Act of 1995
- H.R. 1433 (104th): Occupational Safety and Health Administration Consultation Services Authorization Act of 1995
- H.R. 1330 (104th): Comprehensive Wetlands Conservation and Management Act of 1995
- H.R. 816 (104th): To amend title 28, United States Code, with respect to the treatment ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Sep 1996, Hayes missed 638 of 5,237 roll call votes, which is 12.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills