Our unique analysis of the bills Himes has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Himes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Himes for more statistics.
James Himes sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Himes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (26%) Education (21%) Health (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Taxation (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Himes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5220: Cyber Act of War Act of 2016
- H.R. 4962: Multi-State Worker Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.Res. 548: Expressing support for designation of February 12, 2016, as “Darwin Day” and recognizing ...
- H.Res. 508: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the President of the ...
- H.R. 2537: College Affordability and Innovation Act of 2015
- H.Res. 239: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to childhood stroke ...
- H.R. 2108: Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Enhancement Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, Himes missed 89 of 5,646 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 25 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: