Our unique analysis of the bills Himes has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Himes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Himes for more statistics.
James Himes sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Monetary Policy and Trade
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Himes sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (24%) Education (21%) Health (15%) Taxation (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Commerce (6%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Himes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6145: Christen O’Donnell Equestrian Helmet Labeling Act of 2016
- H.R. 6025: American Innovation $1 Coin Act
- H.R. 5220: Cyber Act of War Act of 2016
- H.R. 4962: Multi-State Worker Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- H.Res. 548: Expressing support for designation of February 12, 2016, as “Darwin Day” and recognizing ...
- H.Res. 508: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the President of the ...
- H.R. 2537: College Affordability and Innovation Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Himes’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5424: Investment Advisers Modernization Act of 2016
Sep 9, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 702: To adapt to changing crude oil market conditions.
Oct 9, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1563: Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act of 2015
Apr 15, 2015. Failed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Himes missed 89 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 25 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: