Our unique analysis of the bills Jeffries sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jeffries is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jeffries sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jeffries’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7299 (97th): Tax Funded Advocacy Act of 1982
- H.Con.Res. 334 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that no amnesty ...
- H.J.Res. 412 (97th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to designate May ...
- H.R. 5550 (97th): A bill to deauthorize the Onaga Lake project, Vermillion Creek, Kansas.
- H.R. 5416 (97th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Army to add water ...
- H.R. 5256 (97th): A bill to amend the General Education Provisions Act to reduce the ...
- H.R. 5255 (97th): A bill to amend the General Education Provisions Act to reduce the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Dec 1982, Jeffries missed 101 of 2,088 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is better than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills