Our unique analysis of the bills Kolbe sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kolbe is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kolbe was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 3057 (109th): Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2006
- H.R. 4818 (108th): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2005
- H.R. 421 (108th): Environmental Policy and Conflict Resolution Advancement Act of 2003
- H.R. 4967 (107th): Border Commuter Student Act of 2002
- H.R. 2506 (107th): Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2002
- H.R. 2941 (106th): Las Cienegas National Conservation Area Establishment Act of 1999
- H.R. 2490 (106th): Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act, 2000
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Kolbe sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Law (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Social Welfare (11%) Immigration (11%) Environmental Protection (10%)
Some of Kolbe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6332 (109th): Sandra Day O’Connor and William H. Rehnquist Law Centers Establishment Act of ...
- H.R. 6321 (109th): To provide for the conveyance of certain public land near the City ...
- H.R. 5898 (109th): Saguaro National Park Boundary Expansion and Study Act of 2006
- H.R. 5818 (109th): Currency Overhaul for an Industrious Nation (COIN) Act
- H.R. 5651 (109th): Fort Bowie National Historic Site Boundary Revision Act of 2006
- H.R. 5522 (109th): Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2007
- H.R. 5460 (109th): Sierra Vista Subwatershed Feasibility Study Authorization Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Dec 2006, Kolbe missed 305 of 11,959 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills