Kolbe is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kolbe sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Kolbe was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 3057 (109th): Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2006
- H.R. 469 (109th): United States-Mexico Transboundary Aquifer Assessment Act
- H.R. 4818 (108th): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2005
- H.R. 421 (108th): Environmental Policy and Conflict Resolution Advancement Act of 2003
- H.R. 4967 (107th): Border Commuter Student Act of 2002
- H.R. 2506 (107th): Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2002
- H.R. 2941 (106th): Las Cienegas National Conservation Area Establishment Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kolbe sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Law (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Immigration (11%) Social Welfare (11%) Labor and Employment (10%)
Some of Kolbe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6332 (109th): Sandra Day O’Connor and William H. Rehnquist Law Centers Establishment Act of ...
- H.R. 6321 (109th): To provide for the conveyance of certain public land near the City ...
- H.R. 5898 (109th): Saguaro National Park Boundary Expansion and Study Act of 2006
- H.R. 5818 (109th): Currency Overhaul for an Industrious Nation (COIN) Act
- H.R. 5651 (109th): Fort Bowie National Historic Site Boundary Revision Act of 2006
- H.R. 5522 (109th): Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2007
- H.R. 5460 (109th): Sierra Vista Subwatershed Feasibility Study Authorization Act
From Jan 1985 to Dec 2006, Kolbe missed 305 of 11,959 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills