Read our 2018 Report Card for Lankford.
Lankford is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lankford has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 23, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
James Lankford sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Lankford was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- S. 3675: A bill to amend the Federal Assets Sale and Transfer Act of 2016 to ensure that the Public Buildings Reform Board has adequate time to carry out the ...
- S. 1887: Direct Hire of Students and Recent Graduates Act of 2017
- S. 1648: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2018
- S. 2966 (114th): District of Columbia Judicial Financial Transparency Act
- S. 321 (114th): A bill to revoke the charter of incorporation of the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma at the request of that tribe, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lankford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lankford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1419: A bill to require agencies to publish an advance notice of proposed rule ...
- S. 1430: A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, to prevent fraud by ...
- S. 1283: Fry Scholarship Improvement Act of 2019
- S.Res. 180: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that, during Public Service Recognition ...
- S. 1120: Small Business Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act
- S.Res. 153: A resolution reaffirming the unique collaboration among United States nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), including ...
- S.Res. 152: A resolution expressing the importance of the United States alliance with the Republic ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2019, Lankford missed 3 of 1,230 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: