Our unique analysis of the bills Lankford has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lankford is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lankford for more statistics.
James Lankford sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Lankford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lankford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3306: Dismemberment Abortion Ban Act of 2016
- S. 3213: Judgment Fund Transparency and Terrorism Financing Prevention Act
- S. 3050: Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act of 2016
- S. 2972: GRANT Act
- S. 2966: District of Columbia Judicial Financial Transparency Act
- S. 2927: Conscience Protection Act of 2016
- S. 2798: Free Market Flights Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Lankford missed 1 of 484 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: