Rep. James Lightfoot
Former Representative from Iowa's 3rd District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Iowa's 3rd District|
|Representative||Iowa's 5th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Lightfoot was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Lightfoot’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Lightfoot’s bills had a total of 186 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Lightfoot to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Lightfoot’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4206 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that the ...
- H.R. 4054 (104th): To provide relief to agricultural producers who granted easements to, or owned ...
- H.R. 3756 (104th): Treasury, Postal Service, and General Government Appropriations Act, 1997
- H.R. 3481 (104th): To repeal the minimum wage requirement of the Fair Labor Standards Act ...
- H.R. 3251 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand the applicability ...
- H.Res. 315 (104th): Calling on the people of the United States to set a place ...
- H.R. 2020 (104th): Treasury, Postal Service, and General Government Appropriations Act, 1996
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Sep 1996, Lightfoot missed 165 of 6,125 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills