Maloney was the representative for Connecticut’s 5th congressional district as a Democrat. He served from 1997 to 2002.
Maloney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Maloney sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 1997 to Nov 19, 2002. See full analysis methodology.
Maloney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Maloney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5290 (107th): Family Property Tax Relief Act of 2002
- H.Res. 456 (107th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3884) to amend the Internal ...
- H.R. 4774 (107th): School Safety and Violence Prevention Act
- H.R. 4542 (107th): To provide for the reliquidation of certain entries of vanadium carbides and ...
- H.R. 3922 (107th): Save America’s Jobs Act of 2002
- H.R. 3587 (107th): Delaney-Levitow Act of 2001
- H.R. 3588 (107th): Academic Achievement Enhancement Act
From Jan 1997 to Nov 2002, Maloney missed 97 of 3,397 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: