Mattox, a Democrat, was the representative for Texas’s 5th congressional district from 1977 to 1982.
Mattox is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mattox sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Mattox sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mattox’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6284 (97th): A bill to require the Secretary of Transportation to prescribe regulations prohibiting ...
- H.R. 3510 (97th): A bill for the relief of the Southern Methodist University School of ...
- H.R. 1286 (97th): A bill for the relief of Robert Jayson, William Jayson, and Jennie ...
- H.Res. 40 (97th): A resolution for the relief of Robert Jayson, William Jayson and Jennie ...
- H.Res. 39 (97th): A resolution to express the sense of the House of Representatives that ...
- H.R. 8199 (96th): Middle Income Wage Earner Tax Relief Act of 1980
- H.R. 8053 (96th): Alien Education Impact Aid Act of 1980
From Jan 1977 to Dec 1982, Mattox missed 477 of 3,628 roll call votes, which is 13.1%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills