Our unique analysis of the bills McCrery sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McCrery is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
McCrery was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3295 (110th): To amend the Public Health Service Act to modify the program for the sanctuary system for surplus chimpanzees by terminating the authority for the removal of chimpanzees ...
- H.R. 4440 (109th): Gulf Opportunity Zone Act of 2005
- H.R. 3768 (109th): Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act of 2005
- H.R. 3672 (109th): TANF Emergency Response and Recovery Act of 2005
- H.R. 3758 (107th): For the relief of So Hyun Jun.
- H.R. 4318 (106th): Red River National Wildlife Refuge Act
- H.R. 2660 (104th): An Act to increase the amount authorized to be appropriated to the Department of the Interior for Tensas River National Wildlife Refuge, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
McCrery sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (18%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (17%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Commerce (11%) Social Welfare (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Emergency Management (10%) Labor and Employment (10%)
Some of McCrery’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6891 (110th): To authorize the closure of a municipal airport in Pollock, Louisiana, and ...
- H.R. 4281 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on methyoxyacetic acid.
- H.R. 4282 (110th): To extend the suspension of duty on 2-Acetylnicotinic acid.
- H.Res. 752 (110th): Honoring the life and expressing condolences of the House of Representatives on ...
- H.R. 3295 (110th): To amend the Public Health Service Act to modify the program for ...
- H.R. 5798 (109th): To amend the Public Health Service Act to modify the program for ...
- H.R. 5400 (109th): Medicaid Emergency Psychiatric Care Act of 2006
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 1988 to Dec 2008, McCrery missed 744 of 12,393 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills