Our unique analysis of the bills Nelligan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Nelligan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Nelligan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Nelligan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7443 (97th): A bill to recognize the organization known as “Veterans of the Vietnam ...
- H.R. 7165 (97th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Defense to submit a report ...
- H.Res. 600 (97th): A resolution urging the Secretary of Defense to develop policies to make ...
- H.R. 7086 (97th): Northeast-Midwest States Federal Hydropower Financing Authority Act
- H.Res. 304 (97th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the ...
- H.R. 4870 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to allow ...
- H.R. 4527 (97th): A bill to amend the Act of October 9, 1965.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Dec 1982, Nelligan missed 42 of 812 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is better than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills