Our unique analysis of the bills Nussle sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Nussle is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Nussle was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5708 (107th): To reduce preexisting PAYGO balances, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3745 (106th): Effigy Mounds National Monument Additions Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Nussle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (19%) Taxation (17%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Agriculture and Food (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%)
Some of Nussle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5208 (109th): Independence from Oil with Agriculture Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 376 (109th): Budget resolution FY2007
- H.R. 4241 (109th): Deficit Reduction Act of 2005
- H.R. 3360 (109th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to enhance tax incentives ...
- H.R. 3067 (109th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to provide ...
- H.R. 3066 (109th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to provide ...
- H.R. 2647 (109th): Qualified Personal Service Corporations Clarification Act of 2005
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2006, Nussle missed 283 of 9,226 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: