2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Risch »
Our unique analysis of the bills Risch has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Risch is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
James Risch sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Near East, South Asia, Central Asia, and Counterterrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation
- Member, Subcommittee on Multilateral International Development, Multilateral Institutions, and International Economic, Energy, and Environmental Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on State Department and USAID Management, International Operations, and Bilateral International Development
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Some of Risch’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 583: A bill to establish certain wilderness areas in central Idaho and to authorize ...
- S. 552: A bill to amend the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 to provide ...
- S. 2616: Idaho County Shooting Range Land Conveyance Act
- S. 2335: Future Logging Careers Act
- S. 1928: A bill to require the Government Accountability Office to study the expenses incurred ...
- S. 1924: A bill to require a report on INF Treaty compliance information sharing.
- S.Res. 284: A resolution calling on the Government of Iran to immediately release Saeed Abedini ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Mar 2015, Risch missed 31 of 1,905 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Sen. Risch [R-ID]: YeaMar 4, 2015 11:38 a.m.
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Sen. Risch [R-ID]: YeaMar 3, 2015 2:18 p.m.
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Risch [R-ID]: YeaMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.