Our unique analysis of the bills Rowland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rowland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Rowland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5228 (103rd): Bipartisan Health Care Reform Act of 1994
- H.R. 4425 (103rd): To authorize major medical facility construction projects for the Department of Veterans ...
- H.R. 4013 (103rd): VA State Health Care Reform Pilot Program Act
- H.R. 3955 (103rd): Health Reform Consensus Act of 1994
- H.R. 3573 (103rd): Community Health Improvement Act of 1993
- H.R. 3313 (103rd): Veterans Health Programs Extension Act of 1994
- H.R. 3082 (103rd): Women Veterans Health Improvements Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Rowland missed 142 of 5,693 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills