Santini, a Democrat, was the representative for Nevada's at-large district from 1975 to 1982.
Santini is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Santini sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Santini was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5081 (97th): A bill to declare that the United States holds certain lands in trust for the Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California and to transfer certain other lands ...
- H.R. 3975 (97th): A bill to facilitate and encourage the production of oil from tar sand and other hydrocarbon deposits.
- H.R. 2218 (97th): A bill to direct the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain National Forest System lands in the state of Nevada, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 7306 (96th): A bill to provide for the orderly disposal of certain Federal lands in Nevada and for the acquisition of certain other lands in the Lake Tahoe Basin, ...
- H.R. 8235 (96th): A bill to grant the consent of the Congress to the Tahoe Regional Planning Compact, and to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture and others to cooperate with ...
- H.R. 7698 (96th): A bill for the relief of two mining claimants.
- H.R. 3210 (96th): A bill to terminate the authority to make grants to the Las Vegas Valley water district under the Act of August 27, 1954.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Santini sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (40%) Energy (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Private Legislation (9%) Government Operations and Politics (8%) Native Americans (8%) Taxation (8%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Santini’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 370 (97th): A concurrent resolution to commend the State of Israel’s compliance with the ...
- H.R. 6586 (97th): A bill for the relief of the estate of Nell J. Redfield.
- H.R. 6059 (97th): Violent Crime Control Act of 1982
- H.R. 6017 (97th): A bill to amend the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 to ...
- H.R. 5921 (97th): A bill for the relief of Peter J. Montagnoli.
- H.R. 5652 (97th): A bill to authorize and direct the Secretary of the Interior to ...
- H.R. 5656 (97th): A bill to transfer certain lands in Clark County, Nevada, from the ...
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1982, Santini missed 954 of 4,901 roll call votes, which is 19.5%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills