Talent is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Talent sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 22, 2001 to Dec 8, 2006. See full analysis methodology.
Talent was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1378 (109th): National Historic Preservation Act Amendments Act of 2006
- S. 4073 (109th): A bill to designate the outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs located in Farmington, Missouri, as the “Robert Silvey Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic”.
- S. 323 (109th): French Colonial Heritage National Historic Site Study Act of 2005
- S. 2895 (108th): A bill to authorize the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri, to be illuminated by pink lights in honor of breast cancer awareness month.
- S. 1207 (108th): A bill to redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 120 East Ritchie Avenue in Marceline, Missouri, as the “Walt Disney Post Office ...
- H.R. 1568 (106th): Veterans Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development Act of 1999
- H.R. 440 (106th): Microloan Program Technical Corrections Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Talent sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (28%) Environmental Protection (14%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Commerce (7%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Talent’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4073 (109th): A bill to designate the outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans ...
- S. 3862 (109th): A bill to amend the Animal Health Protection Act to prohibit the ...
- S. 3817 (109th): Match Act of 2006
- S. 3824 (109th): National Park System Uniform Penalty Amendment Act
- S. 3555 (109th): Veterans Identity Protection Act
- S. 3535 (109th): Expanding American Homeownership Act of 2006
- S. 3063 (109th): A bill to extend the patent term for the badge of the ...
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2006, Talent missed 11 of 1,320 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: