Our unique analysis of the bills Talent sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Talent is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Talent was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1378 (109th): National Historic Preservation Act Amendments Act of 2006
- S. 4073 (109th): A bill to designate the outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans Affairs located in Farmington, Missouri, as the “Robert Silvey Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic”.
- S. 323 (109th): French Colonial Heritage National Historic Site Study Act of 2005
- S. 2895 (108th): A bill to authorize the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri, to be illuminated by pink lights in honor of breast cancer awareness month.
- S. 1207 (108th): A bill to redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 120 East Ritchie Avenue in Marceline, Missouri, as the “Walt Disney Post Office ...
- H.R. 1568 (106th): Veterans Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development Act of 1999
- H.R. 440 (106th): Microloan Program Technical Corrections Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Talent sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (28%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Environmental Protection (14%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Commerce (7%) Transportation and Public Works (6%)
Some of Talent’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4073 (109th): A bill to designate the outpatient clinic of the Department of Veterans ...
- S. 3862 (109th): A bill to amend the Animal Health Protection Act to prohibit the ...
- S. 3817 (109th): Match Act of 2006
- S. 3824 (109th): National Park System Uniform Penalty Amendment Act
- S. 3555 (109th): Veterans Identity Protection Act
- S. 3535 (109th): Expanding American Homeownership Act of 2006
- S. 3062 (109th): A bill to extend the patent term for the badge of the ...
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2006, Talent missed 11 of 1,320 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: