Read our 2017 Report Card for Raskin.
Raskin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Raskin has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jamie Raskin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on House Administration
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
- Member, Subcommittee on The Constitution and Civil Justice
Raskin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Raskin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5902: Executive Branch Comprehensive Ethics Enforcement Act of 2018
- H.R. 5652: State Access to Firearms Evading Revocation Act
- H.R. 5304: Heightened Oversight of Travel, Eating, and Lodging Act of 2018
- H.Res. 666: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to observe a 60-second moment ...
- H.R. 4382: Free Flow of Information Act of 2017
- H.Res. 349: Calling for the global repeal of blasphemy, heresy, and apostasy laws.
- H.Res. 325: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the President should retain ...
|Raskin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.Res. 599: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to United States policy towards Yemen, and for other purposes.
Nov 13, 2017. Passed 366/30.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1304: Self-Insurance Protection Act
Apr 5, 2017. Passed 400/16.
H.R. 1304 clarifies that federal regulators cannot redefine “stop-loss” insurance as “health insurance coverage” under federal law. Specifically, the legislation amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), and the Internal Revenue Code (Code) to continue allowing ...
From Jan 2017 to Jun 2018, Raskin missed 9 of 998 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: