Our unique analysis of the bills Meyers sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Meyers is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Meyers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4313 (104th): Small Business Opportunity Preservation Act of 1996
- H.R. 4098 (104th): Haskell Indian Nations University Administrative Systems Act of 1996
- H.R. 3975 (104th): For the relief of Lieutenant Colonel (retired) Robert L. Stockwell, United States ...
- H.R. 3994 (104th): Entrepreneur Development Program Act of 1996
- H.R. 3745 (104th): Federal Prison Industries Competition in Contracting Corrections Act of 1996
- H.R. 3719 (104th): Small Business Programs Improvement Act of 1996
- H.R. 3720 (104th): Small Business Investment Company Reform Act of 1996
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Sep 1996, Meyers missed 144 of 6,121 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills