Hahn was the representative for California’s 44th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2013 to 2016.
She was previously the representative for California’s 36th congressional district as a Democrat from 2011 to 2012.
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hahn.
Hahn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hahn sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Hahn was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5687 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 101 East Market Street in Long Beach, California, as the “Juanita Millender-McDonald Post Office”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hahn sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (30%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Emergency Management (12%) Commerce (12%) Education (7%) Taxation (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Hahn recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 4624 (114th): Pipeline Inspection Enforcement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 477 (114th): Recommending the designation of a Presidential Special Envoy to the Balkans to …
- H.R. 3544 (114th): Safer Officers and Safer Citizens Act of 2015
- H.R. 3098 (114th): Brownfield Redevelopment and Economic Development Innovative Financing Act of 2015
- H.Res. 320 (114th): Expressing the sense of Congress that a grateful Nation honors and salutes …
- H.R. 2534 (114th): SCAN Act
- H.Con.Res. 41 (114th): Expressing the sense of Congress that the people of the United States …
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jul 2011 to Dec 2016, Hahn missed 100 of 3,511 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
|2013 Jan-Jan 112th Congress||5||0||0.0%||0th|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills