Our unique analysis of the bills Hahn has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hahn is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hahn for more statistics.
Janice Hahn sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Small Business
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Hahn sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (30%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Emergency Management (12%) Commerce (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%) Education (7%) Taxation (7%)
Some of Hahn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4624: Pipeline Inspection Enforcement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 477: Recommending the designation of a Presidential Special Envoy to the Balkans to evaluate ...
- H.R. 3544: Safer Officers and Safer Citizens Act of 2015
- H.R. 3098: Brownfield Redevelopment and Economic Development Innovative Financing Act of 2015
- H.Res. 320: Expressing the sense of Congress that a grateful Nation honors and salutes Sons ...
- H.R. 2534: SCAN Act
- H.Con.Res. 41: Expressing the sense of Congress that the people of the United States have ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hahn’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 636: America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015
Feb 13, 2015. Passed.
From Jul 2011 to Dec 2016, Hahn missed 100 of 3,511 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 3 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: