Read our 2022 Report Card for Golden.
Golden is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Golden has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Mar 24, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Jared Golden sits on the following committees:
Golden was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3192 (117th): Disaster Assistance for Rural Communities Act
- H.R. 8076 (116th): State Veterans Homes Domiciliary Care Flexibility Act
- H.R. 4719 (116th): Funding Instruction for Safety, Health, and Security Avoids Fishing Emergencies Act
- H.R. 4833 (116th): Multigenerational Engagement Act of 2019
- H.R. 459 (116th): Acadia National Park Boundary Clarification Act
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Golden sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (28%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Health (11%) Labor and Employment (6%) Taxation (6%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Golden recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 1397: Future in Logging Careers Act
- H.R. 9245 (117th): Fire Grants and Safety Act
- H.R. 9150 (117th): Red Listing Monterey Bay Aquarium Act
- H.R. 8639 (117th): Home Heating Emergency Funding Act of 2022
- H.R. 8332 (117th): Elimination of the VA Asset and Infrastructure Review (AIR) Commission Act of …
- H.R. 8106 (117th): Fighting Foreign Influence Act
- H.R. 7459 (117th): DHS Rural and Remote Hiring and Retention Strategy Act of 2022
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2023, Golden missed 30 of 2,116 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Office of Jared Golden for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills