Read our 2018 Report Card for Huffman.
Huffman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Huffman has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jared Huffman sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Huffman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (25%) Education (16%) Energy (16%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Native Americans (10%) Labor and Employment (8%) Taxation (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%)
Some of Huffman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2611: Public Lands Telecommunications Act
- H.R. 2405: National Sea Grant College Program Amendments Act of 2019
- H.R. 2337: FLEET Act
- H.R. 2313: Water Conservation Rebate Tax Parity Act
- H.R. 2250: Northwest California Wilderness, Recreation, and Working Forests Act
- H.R. 2101: To provide for restrictions on recently appointed Federal employees and recently separated Federal ...
- H.R. 1878: IDEA Full Funding Act
From Jan 2013 to May 2019, Huffman missed 142 of 3,960 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: