Our unique analysis of the bills Huffman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Huffman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Huffman for more statistics.
Jared Huffman sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Huffman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (29%) Water Resources Development (16%) Education (13%) Energy (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Taxation (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (6%) Housing and Community Development (6%)
Some of Huffman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5810: National Adoption and Foster Care Home Study Act
- H.R. 5595: Reservoir Operations Improvement Act
- H.R. 5450: American Savings Account Act of 2016
- H.R. 5359: To revise Federal flammability standards for motor vehicle child restraint systems.
- H.R. 5316: Healthy Soils and Rangelands Solutions Act
- H.R. 4656: Stop Postal Closures Act of 2016
- H.R. 4615: Water Conservation Rebate Tax Parity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Huffman missed 65 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 14 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: