Our unique analysis of the bills Polis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Polis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Polis for more statistics.
Jared Polis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on Rules
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative and Budget Process
Polis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (47%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Immigration (9%) Taxation (5%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%) Labor and Employment (5%) Commerce (5%)
Some of Polis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 895: Expressing support for designation of the week of September 26, 2016, as National ...
- H.R. 5939: Giving Workers a Fair Shot Act
- H.Res. 774: Expressing support for designation of the week of June 6 through June 12, ...
- H.R. 5040: Solar EDGE Act
- H.R. 4594: Making College Affordable and Accessible Act of 2016
- H.R. 4530: EB-5 Integrity Act of 2016
- H.R. 4510: Bolts Ditch Access and Use Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Polis missed 283 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: