Altmire was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 4th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2007 to 2012.
Altmire is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Altmire sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Altmire was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5954 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 320 7th Street in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania, as the “Sergeant Leslie H. Sabo, Jr. Post ...
- H.R. 2965 (111th): Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010
- H.R. 987 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 601 8th Street in Freedom, Pennsylvania, as the “John Scott Challis, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 4253 (110th): Military Reservist and Veteran Small Business Reauthorization and Opportunity Act of 2008
- H.R. 1434 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 896 Pittsburgh Street in Springdale, Pennsylvania, as the “Rachel Carson Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Altmire sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Altmire’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5996 (112th): Mental Health First Aid Higher Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 5954 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4642 (112th): To reduce temporarily the duty on Mesamoll.
- H.R. 4634 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on 2,3-Dichloronitrobenzene.
- H.R. 4638 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on p-Nitrotoluene.
- H.R. 4641 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Iminodisuccinate.
- H.R. 4640 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on 2-Phenylphenol.
From Jan 2007 to Jan 2013, Altmire missed 11 of 5,137 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills