Our unique analysis of the bills Altmire sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Altmire is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Altmire sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (27%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Health (12%) Commerce (11%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Education (11%) Energy (8%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Altmire’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5996 (112th): Mental Health First Aid Higher Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 5954 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4639 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Bayderm Bottom DLV-N.
- H.R. 4637 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on p-Toluidine.
- H.R. 4634 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on 2,3-Dichloronitrobenzene.
- H.R. 4633 (112th): To extend the suspension of duty on Chloromethylbenzene.
- H.R. 4642 (112th): To reduce temporarily the duty on Mesamoll.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jan 2013, Altmire missed 11 of 5,137 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills