2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Chaffetz »
Our unique analysis of the bills Chaffetz has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Chaffetz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jason Chaffetz sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Chaffetz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (27%) Crime and Law Enforcement (20%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) International Affairs (9%) Taxation (9%) Immigration (7%) Economics and Public Finance (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%)
Some of Chaffetz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 737: Condemning and censuring John A. Koskinen, the Commissioner of Internal Revenue.
- H.R. 4901: Scholarships for Opportunity and Results Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 4779: CBD Oil Act of 2016
- H.R. 4751: Local Enforcement for Local Lands Act of 2016
- H.R. 4359: Administrative Leave Reform Act
- H.R. 4360: Official Personnel File Enhancement Act
- H.R. 3871: Stingray Privacy Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jun 2016, Chaffetz missed 198 of 5,510 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: