2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Smith »
Our unique analysis of the bills Smith has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Smith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jason Smith sits on the following committees:
Smith sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5140: To repeal certain regulations relating to veterinary feed directive drugs and medically important ...
- H.R. 4885: IRS Oversight While Eliminating Spending (OWES) Act of 2016
- H.R. 4271: End EPA Advertising Act
- H.R. 3409: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude payments received under ...
- H.R. 2966: Reducing Poverty through Employment Act
- H.R. 1155: SCRUB Act of 2016
- H.R. 4874 (113th): SCRUB Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 2013 to Apr 2016, Smith missed 20 of 1,889 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: