Our unique analysis of the bills Smith has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Smith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Smith for more statistics.
Jason Smith sits on the following committees:
Smith sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5659: ESRD Choice Act of 2016
- H.R. 5559: To amend section 1206 of the Pathway for SGR Reform Act of 2013 ...
- H.R. 5551: End EPA Rogue Spending Act
- H.R. 5305: Ste. Genevieve National Historic Site Establishment Act of 2016
- H.R. 5140: VFD Repeal Act of 2016
- H.R. 4885: IRS Oversight While Eliminating Spending (OWES) Act of 2016
- H.R. 4271: End EPA Advertising Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 2013 to Sep 2016, Smith missed 20 of 2,284 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: