Inslee is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Inslee sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Inslee was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5809 (111th): Diesel Emissions Reduction Act of 2010
- H.R. 955 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10355 Northeast Valley Road in Rollingbay, Washington, as the “John ‘Bud’ Hawk Post Office”.
- H.R. 2344 (111th): Webcaster Settlement Act of 2009
- H.R. 7084 (110th): Webcaster Settlement Act of 2008
- H.R. 161 (110th): Minidoka National Historic Site Act
- H.R. 3747 (107th): Bainbridge Island Japanese-American Memorial Study Act of 2002
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Inslee sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (20%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Science, Technology, Communications (14%) Environmental Protection (14%) Commerce (10%) Law (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Economics and Public Finance (6%)
Some of Inslee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3703 (112th): Fellowships for Undergraduate Training and Useful Research in Energy-related Science, Technology, Engineering, ...
- H.R. 3465 (112th): National Forest Roadless Area Conservation Act
- H.R. 2994 (112th): Marine and Hydrokinetic Renewable Energy Promotion Act of 2011
- H.R. 2750 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the investment ...
- H.R. 2490 (112th): To amend the National Trails System Act to provide for a study ...
- H.R. 1847 (112th): Domestic Fuel for Enhancing National Security Act of 2011
- H.R. 1520 (112th): Offshore Drilling Safety Improvement Act
|Inslee’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3078 (112th): United States-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 262/167.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
H.R. 2551 (112th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2012
Jul 22, 2011. Passed 252/159.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 263/171.
This is the Senate's October 2008 Economic Stimulus Relief Bill. This bill was originally introduced in March 2007 and passed the House as the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. In October 2008, it was co-opted as the so-called "vehicle" to pass the relief bill ...
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3087 (110th): A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to submit to Congress reports on the status of ...
Oct 2, 2007. Passed 377/46.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Jul 27, 2007. Passed 231/191.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to Mar 2012, Inslee missed 156 of 10,357 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Mar 2012. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: