Johnson was the representative for Wisconsin’s 8th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1997 to 1998.
Johnson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Johnson sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Johnson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Johnson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4295 (105th): For the relief of Juan Antonio Manrique.
- H.R. 3931 (105th): Wisconsin Federal Judgeship Act of 1998
- H.R. 2850 (105th): Jennifer’s Law Act of 1997
- H.R. 2820 (105th): Helping America’s Disabled Veterans Act of 1997
- H.R. 2139 (105th): Dairy Promotion Fairness Act
- H.Con.Res. 47 (105th): To designate a flag-pole upon which the flag of the United States ...
From Jan 1997 to Dec 1998, Johnson missed 15 of 1,187 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills